Troubleshooting / FAQ
I cannot find the plugin in my DAW
Here are some things you can try:
- Make sure your system meets the requirements for the plugin. You can the specific requirements for each plugin on the product page for that plugin.
- Check the plugin search path to make sure that your DAW is looking for plugins in the directory where you have the plugin installed.
- Re-scan the plugin list in your DAW.
- Most DAWs will group plugins into two categories: plugins and instruments. Both Emergence and Spirals will be in the effects category.
- If you are using AU on macOS you might want to try restarting your computer
If you are using Reason keep in mind that older versions of that DAW do not support VST3 plugins which means that it will not load my plugins.
Can I use the plugin in ProTools?
No, my plugins are not available in the AAX format used by ProTools.
How can I update to the latest version?
You can find the latest version for all my projects on my itch page.
If you paid for a plugin then you should be able to use the download link in the email you received after the payment. If you have trouble finding that, you can go here to regain access.
How can I get notified about news and updates?
There are a couple of options for this. If you only want a single one then the newsletter might be the best choice.
The plugin window is all black, not showing the plugin UI
This seems to affect some systems running Windows. Use gpu-z to check if your system supports OpenGL 3.3 (or newer) required by the plugin. You can also try updating your graphics driver.
First, it is a good idea to make sure you are running the latest version of the plugin. If you are lucky the issue is already fixed in the latest version.
If you found a bug please send me and email and include the following information. These details help a lot to diagnose and fix bugs quickly!
- System information:
- Your OS version
- Name and version of your DAW
- For macOS users:
- Are you having problems with AU or VST3 (or both)?
- Intel or Apple Silicon CPU?
- Expected behaviour
- Observed behaviour
- Steps to reproduce the problem
- Screenshot or video (if relevant) - licecap
Still have questions?
Send me an email!